Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh, look what that Singer Featherweight Ruffle Attachment Can Do!

So it is a tradition here to dress up your little girl in either a cheerleader outfit, a dolled up Bulldog t-shirt, or some other cute outfit for the football games.

Look what I did with my Singer Featherweight Ruffle Attachment.

Now I didn't like the way the attached skirt came straight down, so I had to figure out how to make it more flowly.  I took part of it off (I wanted to keep the ruffles), and add a more flowly part to the outfit.
Here is what I came up with.  Moved some things up, added a ruffle on the bottom with a flared insert piece and attached it to the original bottom ruffle.  This worked out pretty well.














Here are the two Bulldog type outfits that I've made so far.  What you haven't seen are the Bulldog capri pants.  That is another post!












Here is our model, with her coordinating Bulldog hairbows, showing off the outfit.  All with the Singer Featherweight 221 Ruffler.  Now, if I could get the Singer Featherweight ZigZag attachment to work, then I could finish off the edges all on one machine.  The zigzag attachement is kinda cagegy.  Anyone know how to make it work well?











Your thoughts?

No comments: